Biyernes, Agosto 3, 2012

PLAN B

Ever since I was a lil girl, I have highly admired the world of fashion. As young as ten years old, I already started watching fashion shows and ANTM (America's Next Top Model). Since then, I dreamed of becoming a runway model. But reality struck me as I grew up 'cause my height won't even qualify me as a petite model. Hahahaha (BTW, I'm only 5 ft and 3 in tall)

Then, I keep on dreaming but no longer as a model, as a fashion designer. I started sketching some clothes but it wasn't that easy. So I started cheating on myself by having a stencil shape body that I trace all the time. It helped me but realized I have to do it the hard way, then I got better. My friends have been very supportive of me. They'd compliment how they love my sketches. They even encourage me to consider a career in fashion design. But that wasn't easy either. Nowadays, many are already pursuing this career who even got degrees in fashion that I cannot compete with.

I remember not so long ago weeks after the graduation, I was bummed waiting for phone calls from companies I applied for. I was so frustrated that went to the point that I told my mom about my Plan B. Fashion school was my second option. I wanted to go to fashion school in the coming semester if my applications didn't push through. It was my definite plan B. I also wanted to dye my hair blonde. (Yeah. In my wildest dreams) Then I got employed a month after the graduation, had a training for almost two months and now a bank teller.

In some point, when I made that plan B, a tiny part in me really don't want my applications to push through so I could pursue my dream in the fashion world. But God already gave me the job that I'm very happy and thankful with. Like, not everyone gets a job in a month after graduation and I'm very happy that I achieved that and very proud to be called one of the lucky ones. But that doesn't mean that it would stop me to do what I love and what I want. I could always dress-up for work. (Every Friday is our wash day. So expect outfit posts every Friday) I could always reinvent clothes that I no longer use into something new. ( I'm starting to work out how to work the sewing machine.) I even started online accessories shop called All Things Pretty by AnDi and ArDi with my sister. It's still a work in progress but you guys can like it on facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/AllThingsPrettyByAnDiAndArDi

Up until now, I will still wait for that chance that I could step into fashion school. All I need is to save up and enroll to a weekend program. I know it's going to be a fun and bumpy ride.

Until my next blog post which is about our online shop! Yay!
Feel free to drop a comment below and give suggestion for fashion schools that has flexible programs. 

Toodles!

Much Love,
AnDi

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento